Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ok, this post was supposed to be a tribute to aldrich tan, not that he'll even read my blog but yah. BUT I GOT SIDETRACKED BY HUIWEN'S COMMENT! OMGZZZZ. who the hell is "huiixxz" in the first place?!?! and i bloody dont understand a single thing i said. OMMGGZZZZ. i rmbr the "neh-ing" part though. cos you always laugh "neh" in sec 2. hahhahah :D OMG. pls interpret the content to me please. im awstrucked/ overwhelmed/ in horror/ amused/ feeling "shit huiwen why did you have to remind me of this" HAHAHHAHA :D

Ok, back to aldrich tan.

Aldrich Tan Cher Ming has been my longest lasting friend everr. I know how some of you have a decade old of friend, but I don't. So Aldrich is my most treasured, longest lasting friend for the past 6 years. I remember how in primary school no one wanted to be my friend cos I was fat and horrible. But he was so nice to me, sat beside me (cos teacher made him to) and started talking to me and being so nice to me. I remember I emailed him in primary 5 confessing my undying love (hahahhahahahhahahahha) to him. That was embarrassing cos he rejected me and I still had to face him in class the next day. Lololol. Eh please, I was damn sad that he rejected me ok. Now to think of it ah.. Wlau damn funny. hahhaha :D

He's the only primary school friend I keep in touch and that's I think only because we go tuition together and our mothers are like best friends. Haha. So I've seen him grow from a chubby cutsy young boy, to a tall, tanned, atheletic, good looking teenager. Actually, we kind of grow together. We used to be the same in primary school. Wait no, I was fat, he was chubby. Hahhaha :D then we both had round face, then when we went into secondary school, we both started growing taller and soon he overshot me and our faces grew longer together. Like literally longer. hahahha from the really round chubby face to the long face now. Haha little little similarities we have in common :)

He used to be really chatty and talkative and irritating. But now, he's much more sombre and quiet and toned down but still retaining his cheeky side. It's funny how quickly this transition took place. In sec 3 when I had tuition with him, i remember being irritated the hell out of him, always making me pay for him and always saying so many stupid retarded things. But suddenly, reaaaal suddenly, he just started talking lesser and became much less like the little boy I befriended. I've heard of his mother saying that he's talking lesser recently, but I didn't know that the change was so drastic. Hahaha so I was abit shocked, but I guess this happens to all guys. They tend to talk lesser as they grow up and become "man of few words" Lolololol. But anyway he became more solemn and less kiddy and childish, hahaha and I had to take time to adapt this change in him. Lololol.

Our friendship is a queer thing. Guess what? We've never watched a single movie locally before. The first movie with him was at Malaysia - Taxi. Our moms went shopping and we both hated shopping so we requested to watch a movie instead. Haha. I still remember we wantd ed to take neoprints but we didn't in the end. Lolol he was reluctant. The second movie was in Hong Kong - House of Wax. (the four of us, both our mums and us went together) Same thing, parents shopping, we went to search for our own entertainment. Hahhaha. Funny recalling how we grabbed hold of each other and asking the other person what's happening now at the scary parts and leaving the cinema feeling rather psyched out by the film. That was lololol cos he acted like he wasnt afraid at all but he was so afraid later he started shredding the tissue that the popcorn guy gave us. Hahhaaha. :D We figured how queer it was that we only watched movies overseas together. Hahaha ^^

We've been going for both math and english tuition together for the past two years, and today officially marks out last day at tuition together. I felt kind of sad saying bye to him at the carpark under miss segeram's flat as we went to our respective cars. I wanted to treat him to bubble tea at miss yap's at first, but I didnt dare propose cos I thought later he'd laugh at me for being so corny. Hahaha :P

He's always been so patient with me, cos he's rly strong in his math whereas I'm really slow when coming to absorbing explainations and stuff. A really big thank you to him for not being fed up/pissed with me for being so slow although I do feel quite bad about it because he'd have progressed much quicker and more advanced without me. This, I really owe him. Thank you. :)

Every Saturday we'd meet at Miss Yap's at 1pm for math, then proceed to english together at 4.30pm. He makes bus rides there much more enjoyable, though sometimes we don't talk much but his presence always is so comfortable to be in. I guess that's the charm of good old friends, no awkwardness even in silence. :) He makes english tuition so much funnier as he makes silly comments and sometimes impress us with his wonderful answering skills. ;) Hahhaha.

He's got his gentleman side too. Like that time at Macdonald's in Malaysia, we both had our meals and went back to our seats already, then he suddenly asked me if I wanted any sauce then I said yeah, curry sauce or something. Then he came back with it and help me peel off the curry sauce cover somemore! Ok lah, might be nothing to most of you but to me, I was rather quite touched cos he'd never been so nice to me. Like, so considerate and nice? Hahaha. So I teased him about it like "wahh... why you today so nice ah..." Cos usually he'd most prolly just demand that I take it for him. Hahaha I remember that nice warm fuzzy feeling when he did that. A very nice feeling indeed :)

Another thing is that everytime we take the bus together, he'd let me have the inside seat. He'd just stand there and ask me to go in first. Hahaha I just think that that's very gentleman-ly of him, like "ladies first". Although I do suspect that it's because of his long legs that's why he wants to sit outside (hahahha) but it's always nice to have the former thinking :) Although he always take up sooo much space but somehow it feels nice and safe sitting beside him in the inside seat. :) Hahaha see, little little things you do, might make others feel a little happier each day, without knowing it. :) Haha I'd miss how he'd squirm and squeeze inside his seat to take his hp out of his pocket and always end up banging into me that I have to flatten myself against the panel of the bus seat. Lololol. Well, I guess no more of that now..

And I'd miss teasing him about how gentle he sounds when he talks to his gf. Always teasing him like "walau you never talk to me like that one lor" Hahahhaha :D And see his paiseh face. Lololol its always a joy ^^

I guess it's really different when it comes to pure innocent friendship that stems out from such a young age where people had no motives and everything is just pure. I still remember in P5 or P6, he wanted to sleepover, and i was so excited about it and i went to tell my mom. but my mom freaked out and forbidded me to sleep in my room that night. so that night i slept in her room and aldrich slept in my room. I guess this is how it works. To us, its just a case of sleeping over and having fun at your friend's house but to the adults, its just different.

I'll miss his cheekiness in class. I remember last time Wendy and him sleepover in my house. Hahaha then suddenly he hid in the blanket, so Wendy and I asked him what he's doing, so he said he's changing. Then both of us didnt believe him, so we went to ambush him. At the count of three, we lifted the blanket and to our horror, he was rly buttoning up his shirt! HAHHAHA. Not that we saw anything cos we freaked out and started screaming and covering our eyes and turning around and said stupid things like "WHY YOU NEVER TELL US" and he retorted "i tell you alr what. you don't want to believe me only." Hahhaha oh well :)

The most poignant memory of him would be last year around may/june. Just before tuition, I made a decision that I regretted, had a tiff with someone made a decision I regretted and started crying my eyes out, I was in such a loss. It was about 12.50pm on a Saturday afternoon just before math. I msged aldrich to meet me on the top floor of miss yap's deck. With no second thoughts, he agreed and arrived soon. I told him what happened and he started comforting me and consoling me though I know he was freaked out to see me with my red swollen puffy eyes and was crying uncontrollably because he had never seen me like this before. It was really nice then to have him there, like at least something familiar in all the chaos. It was a great feeling :) I still feel grateful to him now for being there for me then. :]

Ok wow, I just scrolled up and realised I've written alot on him. :OOO Hahaha didn't know I had so much to write on him! Hahaha okok, die also must make him read my blog now. Lololol. I think he'd think I'm paying a tribute to him since I've already sent him an email just now. Hahahaha :D

Makes me sad to think that I wouldn't be seeing him on a weekly basis now. Maybe I won't even be seeing him anymore. Even if we do, it'd most probably be because our moms meet up and we tag along. But I know, no matter how long we lose touch with each other, once we meet up, it'd still feel the same. :)

The charm of good old friends.
The beauty of pure innocent friendship.

:)

Hahaha suddenly remembered that I used to call him "ostrich" in pri 5. Lololol. OHH!!! HAHAHHAHAHA OMG. he ripped his pants in camp while doing the flying fox and he used his helmet to cover it. TEEHEEHEE :PPPPPPPPP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is the sweetest thing anyone could do for their friend. Doreen you really remember things. Elephant!

Anonymous said...

"I remember I emailed him in primary 5 confessing my UNDYING love (hahahhahahahhahahahha) to him. That was embarrassing cos he rejected me and I still had to face him in class the next day"

QUOTE OF THE YEAR LOL. BEST.