Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ok, so today was my first paper. Ahh, tell me about it, a paper at 9.30am on a bee-you-tee-fuull saturday morning. Mind you it was freezing. So nice to be snuggled in bed with my electric blanket on please.

Yknw what, its damn stupid lah, i woke up like 10mins prior to the madness of my ringing alarm so i was feeling damn proud of myself because it has been sooo long since i woke up before my alarm lol. So it was 7.50am. THEN, i was feeling soooo proud of myself that i laid back down to "snooze" for 5mins. And i believe my reflex action was to have already switched off my alarm clock.

SOOOO, as you've guessed, the next time i opened my eyes, it was 8.30am!! and im like omg omg when i looked at my clock. the first few thoughts running through my head was "omg am i late. okok relax doreen. the paper starts at 9.30, you must leave house my 9am. okok chill, you still got 30mins" whoo, i swear those were the exact words in my head lah.

the reason why i felt so kianchong cos i clearly rmbrd that my housemate asked me whats the latest time i wanna wake up today so that she could wake me up just in case i accidentally off my alarm without knowing. (omg for dono how many days i've been switching off my alarm without realising it) so when i woke up i freaked out cos i thought i was soo late that she left without me or that in my dream i mumbled "no dont wake me up. im not gg for the exam" or something like that. hahaha omg.

so i woke up, brush my teeth, made breakfast and left the house.

and when i left my house i checked my hp to realise that jeffrey called me, so i called him back. and he told me he was at his exam venue already which freaked me out cos i thought i was damn late lah. cos jeffrey is always the one late for lectures what hahaha. yah anw it was simply because i didnt oblige the "reach 30mins beforehand" rule lah.

then at the tram stop did i realise that i dono where to stop. ahh, so smart right. jeffrey told me to stop when i see ETU, and im like wth is that. LUCKY i met alastair at the tram stop so hahahha i wasnt lost :D

and you know what happned omg. cos we have seat numbers right, the invigilators number the tables wrongly lah! omg. our venue supposed to be start from 160 but instead it started at 1. so like yah, our exam was delayed and we had to wait outside and all that. omg first time in my life something like that happened.

anw, the paper was 3h long. and actually i thought i would finish my essay in like 2hours or soemthing lah. cos in sg we only have 1.5h to do 2 essays what. here only got 1 essay to write for 3 hours.

BUT LO AND BEHOLD, me took 2hours45mins to do that stupid essay. and although the word limit it 700, i have this bad omen that i wrote about a thousand cos i finished using the whole booklet whereas most people only used like 3-4 pages. omggg lah.

i took 1wholeee hour to plan. and like 30mins to think of my introduction (cos they put like damn alot of emphasis on introduction here). our exams here go like, they give us 2 readings and our essay has to be on it. omg so many times i mix the two authors up so i cite the paraphrase and quotations wrongly. alamak.

oh oh and i finished my water in like 30mins. freaked me out srsly cos im those kind who needs to drink lots of water during the exam so that i dont fall asleep. hahaha. so like yeah, i had to keep alot of focus.

yah anw the bad thing about a 3h paper is that you keep thinking that you got damn alot of time so you keep elaborating non stop. to the point that i think i digressed. oh well. anw its just my word count that im rly worried about.

OH AND YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE ALLOWED TO BRING ENGLISH-ENGLISH AND BILLINGUAL DICTIONARY TO THE EXAM?! omg like since when you can bring english dictionary too an english exam lah! omg i was so shocked when i went into the exam hall. and i kind of feel damn sian not bringing cos could have put in more big words to distract the marker from realising i went out of point. hahaha maybe..

anw after that we went to big mama to eat. yes, andrea's favourite place. she eats there with davin for like breakfast lunch and dinner lah. hahaha ok im exaggarating, it just happens that everytime i call her she's at big mama. tssk.

mmm i should go sleep now. im tireeed. tonight i better must edit my lit essay omg urgh.

today is freezing cold. omg and idk whether i should cut my hair when i go back. i kind of like tying my hair up now cos it feels clean and light and like there's no hair falling all over the place. gahhh omg.

ok im damn full from big mama, this calls for a nap! :D oh hahaha wynn says she has been dreaming about sg for the past 3 nights. hahaha omg :D

Thank You for giving me strength.
Thank You for being there for me Lord. :)

No comments: