Thursday, October 14, 2010

I've been watching Drop Dead Diva and you know what, I am so proud of this show.

It is perhaps the few American tv shows that doesn't have any sex scenes at all. A few romantic kisses here and there but no real steamy, raunchy ones that makes it awkward when your parents catch you watching it.

And guess what, for me, that is such a bonus factor. This show has so many underlying values and morals that I don't even know where to begin.

Sure many of us like a few passionate scenes in our shows once in awhile, it does spice things up a little. But Hollywood seems to be taking it too far at times.

I appreciate the honesty of this show. I like the fact that families can get together and watch this show on the telly together. This series perhaps doesn't possess the star qualities of the makings of a one hit wonder that comes with sex, scandals and lies but it speaks up for a marginalised community. It goes against the conventional and deals with issues like bullying, ostracising, unconventional ways that people deal with grief, challenging social norms.

I like how every episode I learn something new - whether it's a new fact or an emotional lesson.

Season 3 is highly anticipated.

Whoever is reading this, should give this show a shot. ;)

No comments: