Sunday, August 17, 2008

Woahhh, how good was church today!

You know last night i dreamt of my friend, A. And the night before I too dreamt of A. BUT, the night before, the dream was just a normal, one of my usual weird dreams but last night wasn't.

A has always been skeptical about christianity, has always had negative views on the whole God thing. I've asked her a couple of times to join me for some church events but it was always responded not in the way i want it. But Andrea and I both feel like there's something in her, just that something, no matter how small it might be, no matter what reason it stemmed from, still wants to know, who's this God we're talking about. Maybe its from her eyes, maybe its from the questions she asked, maybe its the curiosity she's emitting, maybe, it's just God telling us - He has chosen her. I don't know what, but I know there something more.

And last night, I had this dream, I dreamt of her. She was crying and telling me that she has always wanted to know God, just that she never dared to say anything or whatsoever. And the whole dream was so real, in my dream I was so so happy for her. But when I woke up, I forgot everything about it, like really. (maybe cos I woke up really late)

So when I was brushing my teeth, the dream suddenly hit me again. So in my head, I thought, "Ok God, if this dream is for real, if you think its the right time for me to try again, then let someone in urbanlife wear puple later." I don't know why the hell purple, but just purple. And to emphasis, this was just a running thought in my head, not like a real real request, just like "ok god, let someone wear purple" kind of thing. And a large part of me didnt think it would happen.

I didnt think it would happen so much so that I forgot all about this request of mine when I reached the meeting point of my urbs to have brunch together. Seriously. (Anyway, brunch was good. Hahahha lots of good laugh! Jiaheng bluff us all that his wallet was a family heirloom from his grandfather cos it looked really old and stuff. Untill Jeremy pointed out that "hey, the brand of the wallet isnt that old!" then we all realised he was lying! hahahah it was just the design of his leather wallet! HAHAHA! Then Adelene, Tricia and I were talking about cellulites and stretchmarks, hahaha funny! Brunch was really good!) So basically I was having lots of fun and didn't really check out their clothes.

Untill we all reached church, and I wanted to talk to Lydia about my dream, hoping she could tell me if it's just me, or is this dream really what God is trying to tell me. But she was speaking to Pastor Matt so I couldnt talk to her, so quite dejectedly I went back to my seat while waiting for service to start. Then, Katherine came over and so I told her about my dream since I've been telling her about A.

THEN! SUDDENLY! As she was advising me and counselling me and telling me lotsa awesome stuff, I realise she was wearing purple! She had been wearing purple all the time, throughout brunch throughout the whole day, just that I never saw cos her white coat was covering it and her scarf was long too, so her top was basically blocked! THEN SUDDENLY AT CHURCH, HER TOP PEEKED OUT AND THERE SHE WAS! PURPLE TOP!!

AND I WAS LIKE OMG OMG OMG!! ARE YOU WEARING PURPLE TODAY?!

And I think she thought like it was very weird or something, so she said "Yah I know right! This is the first time I've worn this top. Plus, I don usually wear it in winter cos its short sleeved so it makes me really cold. So at first I wanted to wear this black top but something in me made me change to this purple top! Weird huh! I don't know why either!"

AND I WAS HYPERVENTILATING BY THE TIME SHE FINISHED!!!

So I was like "OMG NO WAY KATHERINE. I TOLD GOD THAT IF MY DREAM WAS FOR REAL THEN MAKE SOMEONE IN URBANLIFE WEAR PURPLE TODAY!!! AND I DIDN'T EVEN SAY IT SERIOUSLY, IT WAS JUST SOME THOUGHT IN MY HEAD!!!"

And she went like, "He's a God of details." Uh huh, he truly is. I even suspect that God made me say the colour purple cos he has already planned it out alr. Cos it's not like puple is my favourite colour or ath, its just plain random and weird that I chose purple. Omgg. SO AWESOME HUH!

Thank you Jesus for this confirmation! Now Father, I ask for courage and wisdom.

:)

ROAR IM SO TIRED. OH LAST NIGHT WE GAVE ANDREA HER BIRTHDAY SURPRISE!! IM SO GLAD EVERYTHING WENT WELL AND SMOOTH! MY HARD WORK PAID OFF! :D albeit the fact that she had to squint to see the light sticks but still... yayy!! And also albeit the fact that some lightsticks damn cheat money cos didnt glow at all. Damn shitty. But at least the cake was really nice!!!

Crap, tmr must wake up early to shower and do up my lit tut questions. Luckily class starts at 1.45pm :D i have a feeling that urbanlife's gonna be awesomeee tmr :D

And two years flashed by like that. I'm taking it in my stride, even though it still hurts, a little. Just a teensy bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa ok. that is freaky D: but yet, wow. i am speechless. the powers of God.