Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yet another miracle.

There's this friend that I've been thinking alot about recently, like in fact, I can't stop thinking about him. Like for days I've been having thoughts of him popping in my head, his name re-sounding over and over again in my ears. And for more times than I'd like to, I thought I actually begin to like him or something and I was kind of like "oh my goodness, do i like him?" kind of thing, cos usually when you cant stop thinking of someone it usually means that you like that person alooot right. So like yeah, I was like "zomg?!"

Then today, one of my urbanlife friend, tricia msged me saying that she was thinking about me and feels like reminding me that God is always by my side. Then as I read that msg, aside from feeling "aww so sweet" and very touched and all, I couldnt stop thinking about this friend of mine. His name just kept repeating in my head, times that we've spent together kept playing in my mind and I'm like "OMG WHATS HAPPENING TO ME!"

Then suddenly, just suddenly it hit me that what Tricia said to me is something that God wanted me to tell that friend of mine. Then I'm like "hmm ok.." So I started typing the sms to him, and at first I wasn't very sure what to type, but once I started typing, words just kept flowing through, like I knew what I wanted to say even though I didn't plan anything. And I knew it must be the Holy Spirit guiding me.

But, a part of me was afraid to send this message. A part of me was afraid that what if what I said isnt applicable to his life now, what if what I said is totally off-track, what if what I said doesn't make any sense to him at all? What if he thinks I'm some psycho or some freak who's hallucinating or something? So many "what-ifs" ran through my head. Also partly cos I haven't been speaking to this friend ever since I came back to Australia, and although I knew he was a Christian, goes to church, but every church has their own cultures right, so I was like afraid that he wouldn't understand or like think this is something way out of the ordinary to do. Plus, he's back in Singapore and I'm like "we're so far away, havent talk for so long, what if it's really my misinterpretation?"

But what I kept reminding myself of was what my church always tell us to do, to "Step out in faith", and also someone (either katherine or laksa) once told me "if you take the first step, God will do the rest for you." and also either lydia or tricia or adelene once said "so what if you said the wrong thing, so what if that person thinks you're weird? they can just don't take your words seriously if they find it irrevelant. what harm does it do? But, instead ask yourself, what will happen if you didnt obey the word of God? Do you want to miss out on what God has planned for you to do?" So, I sent it.

You cannot imagine how relief I was when I got his reply! His words of confirmation, his tone of relief. Wow, I felt good to be able to help someone refresh theirself, I felt happy for him that he is now fully spurred on once again in this walk, I felt thankful that God decides to use me out of many others. This just goes to show how amazing God is because as I was talking to this friend online, we were both like amazed cos as quoted from him, "of all the people in the world, you. trans-continent also can!" Hahaha! It's really just so awesome.

And a part of me has also been hoping that God can use me. Cos the last time he spoke through me to others was months ago and I felt like I really want to help others. Because I've experience the power of God's word and I want others to be able to feel it too. And it makes you happy to see people smile in contentment and in relief. Yeah, and I feel like God is telling me right now and I fully understand it, just that I don't know how to put it in words.

Maybe it's just a spiritual thing. :)

And to my awesome friend back in Singapore: Mr. Misleading Nick, I'm glad to be able to be of some help in your walk with God. The fact that God has been speaking to me for the past week about you proves that he sees that dryness in you, he has been noticing you, so don't ever feel forgotten or left out because He resides in you and knows of your every thought, every need and every desire. Even those you don't know about. He has singled you out of the many many many friends I know who may need Him more than you do now, but he chose you for me to speak to, that's how special you are to him. My friend once told me, the worst thing about being a Christian is to be comfortable. God always wants to see that hunger in you for Him and it's just so awesome that you've been pressing on despite the lack of revelations. So be prepared for breakthroughs, be prepared for His word for you tonight as you do your quiet time. Cos He's so gonna blow your mind away. :)

James 4:8 - "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you."

No comments: